Update: This role is no longer open.
Underdog.io is the best-kept secret in hiring. We’re building a simple, elegant way for job seekers to discover and connect with top technology companies. As of February 2016, we’re a four-person team working out of the Meatpacking District. We’re proudly bootstrapped, profitable, and remote-friendly. You can read more about our history here.
What you’ll be doing
- Build compelling experiences for our internal and external apps using HTML/CSS and React/Node.js.
- Collaborate with design on new interfaces and interactions
- Manage and deploy product features, releases, and fixes
- Write tests, documentation, and maintain an overall healthy architecture
What we’re looking for
- BS in CS (or equivalent experience)
- Experience developing well-structured web apps using modern tools
- Experience with newer web technologies (e.g. Webpack, React) or a desire to learn them
- An ability to move fluidly between client and server-side code
- An interest in the open-source community
Company benefits as of February 2016
- Remote friendly – work from anywhere in the U.S.
- 100% coverage of health, dental, and vision insurance
- 100% coverage of hardware/software
- Unlimited vacation as long as work is getting done
If all of this sounds interesting, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a link to your GitHub profile and a summary of your background. Given how small we are, we can’t accept applications from (1) coding school graduates who don’t have 2+ years of experience, (2) engineers who require visa sponsorship or live outside of the U.S., or (3) third-party agencies or other recruiters.
Subscribe to our newsletter
We have a weekly publication called Ruff Notes where we share original content, curated articles, and news from our community.