Underdog.io is a curated recruiting marketplace based in New York. Every week, we connect amazing engineers, designers, product managers, and business people with hundreds of awesome technology companies.
We’re looking to hire our first Customer Success Manager (CSM) to work out of our office in NYC. You’ll be the go-to resource for our customers, making sure they get the most out of the platform. You will also be an internal advocate for our customers, gathering feedback that will directly influence our product roadmap.
Given that this is our first CSM hire, you will be creating a new role for yourself. There is no playbook. Our co-founders have been doing all of the customer success, and we’re excited to bring in someone who wants to run point.
The position is probably best for a recent grad, someone with 1-3 years of experience. We’re open to many different backgrounds: ex-consultants, ex-bankers, recruiters, HR professionals, etc. Each one of you will bring something different to the role.
- Onboard new company users.
- Consistently monitor which companies are using the product. For those that are using it, make sure they are getting the most out of it. For those that are not, attempt to re-engage them by highlighting candidates that might be a good fit.
- Know what roles are in highest demand amongst our companies.
- Complete one-off tasks such as adding users to an account, sending invoices through our system, etc.
- Organize an event every so often to meet our company users and show them our appreciation.
- Work with our Community Lead to track candidates through the interview process.
- Audit a customer’s hiring process, job posts, etc.
- Love writing and can do so clearly and succinctly.
- Are energetic and proactive. We’re looking for someone who wants to be helpful and takes it upon herself/himself to act on a new idea.
- Thrive in ambiguity. This CSM hire will be the first of others to come. So, you need to be comfortable creating the playbook.
- Have a high attention to detail.
- Have a working knowledge of technology.
- Have an interest in the recruiting/hiring space.
- The more technical you are, the better. You’ll be interacting with founders, hiring managers, and/or internal recruiters who need candidates with a specific skillset. For example, it would be helpful for you to know the difference between different back-end technologies and front-end technologies.
- Knowledge of SQL. We use a tool called Re:dash to query and visualize all of our data sources.
- Prior experience with tools like Mixpanel.
- Prior experience working in tech.
- You’ve been an Underdog.io candidate or you’ve worked at a company that has used the product.
We welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and abilities. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re interested in learning more.
Subscribe to our newsletter
We have a weekly publication called Ruff Notes where we share original content, curated articles, and news from our community.