Underdog.io is hiring a backend engineer.
This role will have ownership over backend and DevOps on our Python (Flask) and JS-based stack. Underdog.io is a small, revenue-funded company of five where everyone’s contribution and decision-making is directly impactful. Ideal candidates have the skills and initiative to think deeply about everything from code quality to internal processes to the broader market in which we operate.
Specifically, we’re looking for someone with:
- Server-side development experience in Flask or a similar framework (Django, Express, etc.)
- Client-side development experience, preferably using a JS library like React or AngularJS
- A deep understanding of HTTP and RESTful API design
- Familiarity with SQL databases (we use PostgreSQL) and general data modeling practices
- Experience managing AWS environments and working with DevOps tools (Jenkins, Docker, etc.)
- A desire to contribute to open-source projects
- Historically, we’ve had a lot of success with contract-to-hire agreements as a way to test fit before bringing someone on full time; we’d prefer to fill this role in the same way.
Email email@example.com if you’re interested in learning more.
Subscribe to our newsletter
We have a weekly publication called Ruff Notes where we share original content, curated articles, and news from our community.